Monday, December 14, 2009

So what I'm a rock star


Well that's how it feels when I get in from a long days work. One of the many beautiful rewards of fatherhood. Today when I walked through the door Finn's 9 month old legs almost propelled him 3 meters across the room out of our friend Tina's arms. If it wasn't for her finely honed cat like reactions (mother of 5 year old twins)he would have experienced his first face plant. Aoife came running from my right and Koala locked my leg squealing Daddy Daddy. Euan came from my left and said in a low growling tone Daddddy and sucker punched me in the gut before giving me a bone crushing hug. Loved it. Waited for a similar show of exuberance from George but alas her coy smile was a touch more subtle and much appreciated after the initial assaults and attempted assaults upon my person. Warhol was right we all have our 15 minutes.

No comments: